Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) refers to the disciplines of visual arts, dance, drama/theatre, music.
Goals for the Visual and Performing Arts Department
- Artistic Perception
- Students will be able to understand, analyze, and respond to sensory information through the language and skills unique to dance, music, theatre, and the visual arts.
- Creative Expression
- Students will be able to create, perform, and participate in the arts.
- Historical and Cultural Context
- Students will be able to understand historical contributions and cultural dimensions of a given art.
- Aesthetic Valuing
- Students will be able to discuss, analyze, and make critical judgments about works of a given art form.
- Connections, Relationships, and Applications
- Students will be able to connect and apply what is learned in the arts to learning in other subject areas and careers.
Teacher biography - I have worked in education for 14 years, both in the classroom and in independent charter school. My original degrees were a Bachelor of Arts in Society and Justice with a minor in Art Education. After working in the Criminology field for 16 years, I went back to school and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Education and credential in Special Education.
I enjoy learning and continually work to become more knowledgeable in the teaching field. Currently I also hold credentials in English, US Government, US History, Economics, Multiple Subject, and the Arts. I am highly qualified to also teach Math and Science. In my free time, I love to travel, read, fish, walk, quilt, and create art.