HQT Individualized Access (Portfolio Review)
Assignments for Social Studies
Five assignments will be collected for each student. The 5th assignment is a final exam or project. The HQT will give specific instructions about submitting the final exam/project before the end of each semester.
Social Studies - The assignments should reflect the student's understanding of the key concepts of the course of study. The grades on these 5 assignments will comprise a significant portion of the student's overall grade. (Suggested grading policy: 50% ES Progress Report; 25% Portfolio; 25% Final Exam)
- Chapter or Unit review- questions and answers written out in full, and corrected by ES
- In depth summary of chapter, or event in history
- Current Event paper (news article, or primary document related to topic)
- Corrected Chapter/Unit Assessment - at least 50% short answer or essay. All portions should be written out in full.
- Choose one of the following: Final, Research paper, or Project – to be determined by HQT
- Graded Final exam at least 50% short answer or essay
- Research paper – Research paper needs to be in MLA format – Use Owl Purdue MLA for help
- Project – could include a PowerPoint presentation on an event in history