- Provide high quality Blackboard courses
- Include Common Core standards into our online courses for reading and writing
- Use primary sources in our online courses to offer an inside view of a particular event
- Explore new options for teaching online courses
- Provide oversight for social studies HQTS participating in portfolio reviews
- Continue to develop and maintain the Social Studies department webpage
- Provide links to common core standards
- Offer links to social studies units of study
- Expand useful websites link for a better understanding of social studies
- Be available by phone or e-mail to assist students/parents with any science related questions.
- Include critical thinking activities in classes and assignments to promote independent thinking skills.
Julie Lackie - Social Studies Department Chair
Office: 1-800-808-9895 ext 5 then ext 6