Curriculum Department Goals
Shoni Johnson, Curriculum & Assessment Director
1.800.808.9895 ex. 252
The overall goal of the Curriculum Department is to serve and support parents and Education Specialists in planning and development of curriculum and professional development activities to support the overall achievement of students and our school.
- Promote school-wide implementation of State Standards
- Monitor progress and program implementation in Local Control Accountability Planning and WASC Goals for the success of all students
- Coordinate and host regional and online accessible parent and ES trainings regarding curriculum use, instructional strategies and incorporating content standards into home-study
- Oversee research based Response to Instruction program
- Promote increased student achievement through data-driven instruction
- Coordinate High School Intensive programs
- Research and preview curriculum programs in an effort to find and promote sound educational materials for CWCS students
- Serve as school contact and liaison between publishers and school, parents and teachers- obtaining curricular information, samples, reordering of gratis items, etc.
- Serve as administrator / contact for various curriculum programs to manage online platforms, ordering, set-up, and facilitating ES/Parent use
- Assist parents and ES with all curriculum needs – suggestions, pricing, ordering, resources, planning, etc.
- Promote the use of standards-aligned material for all students and support / train parents in home-school use.
- Update Suggested Curriculum lists as needed with new materials, resources, and prices
- Maintain reserve shelves at each learning center so ESs and families can preview curriculum and use support pieces or resources on-site.
- Support content specialists and Department Chairs with curriculum & instructional needs
- Offer “curriculum office hours” at the CW Learning Center as needed to meet with parents and ESs regarding curriculum suggestions, ideas, and help with standards.